Excellence in Project Management (2 Days)
Who Should Attend
This workshop is aimed for staff working in clinical research and either involved in project management or is a team member of the project. For example clinical trial project managers, trial managers, trial coordinators, research nurses and any other member of the investigator’s team involved in the project. As the workshop covers the principles of project management, R&D staff and senior managers will also find this workshop of interest.
It will be an interactive day with a combination of presentations, discussions and workshop. The aim of the workshop is to provide you with a practical, range of processes, knowledge, tools and techniques that you can utilise to maximise your effectiveness when initiating and planning projects. By the end of the session you will have the structure of a project plan defined.
Following this workshop, you will be able to:
- Use a five-phase project management process and ensures projects contribute to the account plans aiming for a win for the customer, the patient and your organisation.
- Define and agree the project objective, outcomes, and measurement criteria comprehensively and gather the relevant information from key stakeholders.
- Gather detailed information from the customer group that enables you to fully justify the ROI of project internally to gain approval and resource or decide to reprioritise.
- Confirm your role within the project and how it will add value (including available time and other resources) so customers understand and buy into your involvement
- Identify and manage the project stakeholders (internal and external) with project objectives in mind.
- Minimise conflict within a project through clarifying and agreeing expectations with key stakeholders and regularly review and gathering stakeholder feedback.
- Develop a stakeholder communication and network plan.
- Utilise a Risk and Issues Management Process to identify risks and develop strategies to reduce or manage them effectively.
- Utilise appropriate project planning tools and understand tools available to them.
- Understand the importance of monitoring the project equilibrium to provide objective feedback to the project team and stakeholders.
- Monitor, review and communicate effectively during all phases of the project.
- Develop a project plan for a current project.
£560 (excl. VAT) per person - NHS & Academic